Top 5 Reasons to buy your Wife a New Bathroom – A Man’s Guide
OH WAIT! You thought this was going to be about WHAT?? Not really but what better than a quick and simple guide for the fella’s while you’re considering a new Bathroom.
Obviously, this blog is intended to bring a few chuckles because planning a remodeling project can get stressful – Probably to the point where you’ve put it off. There’s a lot of give and take, just like your marriage but just know that you most likely won’t be choosing colors (paint colors, tile colors, cabinet colors countertop colors and whatever color is involved…), or mood lighting, or a make up area, or faucet finishes, or…. Actually, I don’t exactly know what you would be choosing so anyway, keep reading and maybe we can learn something together.
Being in the business for years now, I’ve witnessed a lot of comical things while at appointments. Most times the “Mrs.” is in complete control of the process… heck, there’s been times where I think she was the only one to speak. I know it’s because you are more practical and just want your basic shower in the morning. Knowing that your wife may be a little different, there can be some room to make a few tweaks that will give her the oasis she’s been wanting.
Waiver of Notice: This is between you and I. Typically, I bring along samples… Paint colors, Tile Boards, Grout Sticks, Cabinet Doors, Countertop Chips etc… It’s for your convenience and if anything, you can at least get some ideas of things that you may like to see in your bathroom. Below you will see something that I have prepared for you.
MAN CODE – I also bring catalogs for faucets and other fixtures. If you find yourself bored or out of the loop just nod your head and wink at me. I will secretly hand you a Moen or Delta catalog… (There’s plenty of good looking women pictured throughout)(Your Welcome) and that will keep you occupied.
- YOU ARE MESSY – This is probably beyond adding a double bowl sink. Although I know your side is (or would be) horribly messy… consider a shower with an attached bathtub, or claw foot, or just one large 2 person shower. You can even separate them with a glass wall. Individualized areas of the room can definitely serve you well.
- LOVE– Maybe this should be #1 but for the sake of 100 reasons I could list, it has to fit somewhere…
- LEVERAGE – You may get something in return (Golf Clubs, Big Screen TV, Motorcycle, Boat, RV, Man Cave etc…) (I don’t know who’s paying for that, but there’s leverage.)
- DIAMONDS – A new shower can be just like getting diamonds… (Hint: Suggest a sparkly glass mosaic banner for the shower walls.) (Make it convincing…)
- “Yes Dear…” – Happy Wife = Happy Life. Any questions?
Final Remarks – A new bathroom is a great investment. Kick back and have some fun with it because some decisions and layouts can and will benefit you. I know that designing a bathroom for two people of the opposite gender can be tough but we will work through it. Chances are, that I will side with your wife, just like you. It’s a win-win!
Thanks a bunch for stopping by my blog! Hopefully you’ve looked past the title and had a few laughs – we all need that now and again. I’d love to hear from you so, please, feel free to leave a comment below.